01/10/2013

Did you know…

… that the sketchbook referred in the titles is actually... more sketchbooks? It goes like I draw, and when it's full, I cut the inside out, get some paper and make another inside.


It is the third booklet I've ‘used up’. And now I decided: it is time to get out of this comfortable cocoon I've made myself nine months 120 drawings ago by starting the ever so popular Fragments From My Sketchbook (AKA lazy 365IP) series. Sure I enjoyed this little interlude of reinventing my stlye, and the project achieved its goal (being mere practising and getting out of the artistic crisis of loosing confidence in the stlye I got used to) but time to get back to serious stuff! Time to learn again what brushes are for!

So I've made another inside to the booklet and this time I made it with aquarell paper. Yes. I'll force myself if I have to to get the brush in my hands every time I have something to tell. I got pretty comfortable with pen, let's try what happens when I change to paint! (Probably a lot of rubbish pictures in the first few weeks months, but well. That's just how it is.) I'm pretty excited about it actually.

What does it mean for you?
Pretty much nothing for now. Since I don't post them immediately, I still have about 15-20 drawings you haven't seen yet. (So much for visual diary...) But as soon as I'm finished with them, there you go:

New Exciting Project I Haven't Found
A Name Yet! 

‘Isn't this exciting? Are you excited cause I'm excited I've never been so excited, well, except for the time that I went [gasp] but I mean really...

No comments:

Post a Comment